Based in Amsterdam
September 20th, 2018
Cube Escape Paradox
After creating 12 games within the Rusty Lake universe we are excited to bring you: Paradox - a combined Rusty Lake short film and game. Paradox is a combined Rusty Lake game and short film! Both follow the story of a detective who finds himself trapped in two different universes and needs to escape. When the infamous detective Dale Vandermeer wakes up in an ominous room without any recollection of his past, he soon finds himself part of a bizarre game orchestrated by an old foe. Dale must solve increasingly challenging puzzles to escape the room and recover his memories.
- A unique, never-before-seen, game/film crossover experience
- The absorbing gameplay, atmosphere and wealth of puzzles fans would expect from the tenth Cube Escape game
- A ton of connections and interactions with Paradox - A Rusty Lake Short Film
- There will be two different chapters available (one for free and one premium) with multiple endings
- Beautiful paintings handmade by Johan Scherft
- Immersive and atmospheric soundtrack by Victor Butzelaar
- Powerful voice-overs by Bob Rafferty and lead actor David Bowles
- The game will be freely available on iOS, Android, Steam and itch.io
- The film will be freely available on YouTube and Steam Video
- Supporting 14 different languages
Official game trailer YouTube
Official movie trailer YouTube
Official Kickstarter trailer YouTube
Johan Scherft's Mr. Crow Painting YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "INDIE MEGABOOTH selection" PAX West, Seattle, USA, September 2018
- "INDIGO selection" Dutch Game Garden, Utrecht, The Netherlands, June 2018
Rusty Lake Paradox is a movie/game crossover, seeking funds"
- John Walker, Rock Paper Shotgun
Next Rusty Lake game, and accompanying film, beats Kickstarter goal within 10 hours"
- Samuel Horti, PC Gamer
- "Rusty Lake's long-awaited short film project is live on Kickstarter and it's cooler than we thought it'd be
- Emily Sowden, PocketGamer
- "Short-Film/Game Paradox Kickstarter Has Already Surpassed Funding Goal
- Emily Hobbs, Dualshockers
About Rusty Lake
Rusty Lake is both the name of our indie game studio and the eerie and surrealistic world we have created. Become part of Rusty Lake's mysterious adventures!
More information on Rusty Lake, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Cube Escape Paradox Credits
Developer and publisher