Based in Amsterdam
20 october 2016
Rusty Lake Roots
James Vanderboom's life drastically changes when he plants a special seed in the garden of the house he has inherited. Expand your bloodline by unlocking portraits in the tree of life. Rusty Lake: Roots is the second premium point-and-click adventure by Rusty Lake, the creators of the Cube Escape series and Rusty Lake Hotel. A trip to this undiscovered part in the Rusty Lake universe will cost only $ 2,99 / € 2,99 and is now available on: Android and Desktop (waiting for iOS).
- Pick-up-and-play: easy to start but hard to put down
- Unique storyline: experience the beginning and end of characters' lives and build your own family tree
- More than 33 levels: the biggest Rusty Lake game so far is filled with puzzles
- Full of suspense and atmosphere: Switching from calm to very dark moments
- Impressive soundtrack: each level has its own theme song and variations
- Achievements: the tree has more secrets to unravel
- A pastel painting of Rusty Lake is used as a background
- Supporting 14 languages
Official trailer YouTube
Teaser trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
I heartily recommend you get Rusty Lake Hotel for a mere £1.60, as well as Rusty Lake: Roots for two quid. And then splurge on the amazing free Cube Escapes, each of which adds to the Rusty Lake universe in a peculiar way. You’ll be so glad you did.
- John Walker, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
This is a dark and strange experience, but it’s definitely one that’s worth having. It’s grim and weird in all of the very best ways. So pick it up, give it a try, and you’ll find an adventure that’s not quite like anything you’ve ever played before.
- Harry Slater, Pocket Gamer
If you're a thoughtful adventurer with an affinity for puzzles, I’d highly recommend that you play Rusty Lake Roots. Simply put, it is a brilliant game.
- Cindy Kyser, Just Adventure
Rusty Lake is one of those developers whose games you could recognize just by their tone and feel even if you didn't know the developer. Their Cube Escape series has managed to combine fun puzzles with an unmistakable unsettling tone, and their longer game, Rusty Lake Hotel [$1.99], had one of the spookiest trailers I've seen recently. In recent blog posts, the developers have been hinting at their upcoming project, which will be their most ambitious one to date. The narrative is about a family tree, a theme that allowed the developers to flex their creative muscles and come up with a lot of crazy ideas."
- Tasos Lazarides, TouchArcade
We will unfold Rusty Lakes mysteries one step at a time, with room escape games and adventure games available on every device. Check out RustyLake.com and this press kit for new updates!
More information on RustyLake.com, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Rusty Lake Roots Credits
Developer and publisher